2013-04-11

Tomorrow's Lock-In! 4/12/13


Hello All,
  Here is the final reminder of the St. J’s Lock-In happening this Friday (tomorrow) starting at 7 pm.  The event will conclude with the Intergalactic Yard Sale and we should be packing up around 12 pm.  We still need items for the Yard Sale, and volunteers for Friday and Saturday!

Can my Youth still come?
 Yes, the more the merrier.  Please, do your best to at least give me notice tonight or tomorrow, though.  Please call the office (799.4767) or my cell phone (610.509.9146).

Will the boys and the girls be sleeping in the same room?
 If your child goes to sleep (And I hope at some point they do tire out), that is a resounding NO.  

Do they have to stay for the Yard Sale?
 I would prefer if they did.  The Lock-In technically ends at 6:45 am, but we need all the help we can get for the Yard Sale.

What is the Lock-In all about?
 We will be having fun games based on the 30 hour Famine.  There will be other ice breakers, a Nerf Gun War, and the Youth will also work to help organize and price items at for the Yard Sale.

I understand the event is the 30 hour Famine, can my child eat?
 We will be altering the Famine this year to allow kids to eat.  I understand this doesn’t make it a true famine, but I also don’t want any of our Youth to get ill because of lack of food.  The meals will be for the most part based around the Famine idea.

Will my child have a chance to shower?
 No, we do not have showers at our campus.  You’re child may shower when they get home after the Yard Sale (Well, that’s not my business - they can shower whenever they want, just not during the Lock-In or Yard Sale).

Can I still volunteer?
 YES! I encourage you to do so!  We still need tons of help!  Please, Please, Please - this is me groveling.

Do you still need donations for the Yard Sale?
 Yes, St. John’s Yard Sales have been known for a long time as the best yard sales in Columbia.  We are a little thin this year, and donations would be appreciate!  We want to keep our reputation so that our kids can continue to do awesome things at Youth Group and Mission Trips!

What do we need for the Lock-In?
 You should bring:
  • A change of clothing (You’re child may get wet during or after some of our activities.  Also, we will be moving around and getting sweaty and dirty - dress accordingly)
  • A hooded sweat shirt (We may be outside for some of our activities - No need to catch cold)
  • Appropriate sleep wear (I suggest sweat pants and a large T-shirt).
  • a sleeping bag, air mattress, pillows, etc. (We have these things, but some are dry rotted, and others stink).
  • A comforter or sheet to cover with
  • If they have glasses or contacts, bring the things they need to take care of their eyes
  • A toothbrush and toothpaste (No one likes cavities, and no one likes stinky breath)

Will my child have a chance to shower?
 No, we do not have showers at our campus.  You’re child may shower when they get home after the Yard Sale (Well, that’s not my business - they can shower whenever they want, just not during the Lock-In or Yard Sale).

Can I still volunteer?
 YES! I encourage you to do so!  We still need tons of help!  Please, Please, Please - this is me groveling.

Do you still need donations for the Yard Sale?
 Yes, St. John’s Yard Sales have been known for a long time as the best yard sales in Columbia.  We are a little thin this year, and donations would be appreciate!  We want to keep our reputation so that our kids can continue to do awesome things at Youth Group and Mission Trips!