I hope this Christmas season is finding you healthy and joyous in the coming of our Lord. Happy New Years as well. Here are a few things mark down on your calendar:
1) EYC will be Feast of Lights this Weekend. Practice for participants is Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Feast of Lights will be preformed on Sunday, January 6, 2013 beginning at 6:30 pm. Please get there early.
3) For those of you on the Youth Committee, or who wish to attend, there will be an EYC Youth Committee meeting on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 beginning at 5:30 pm in the Senior High Room. The meeting usually lasts about an hour.
4) I will continue to put all information about EYC on the Facebook pages and Blog. I will begin placing all information on the St. John's Calendar, as well.
5) EYC will occur on Sunday, January 13, 2013 beginning at 5:00 pm until 6:00 pm. The Activities will highlight Matthew 6:6 - 13, and 2 Corinthians 12:9. Food will be served after 6:00 pm. I ask that the Senior High stay after so that we can discuss what Senior High EYC will look like for this year.
6) The All EYC Ski Trip will be happening Friday, January 18 until Sunday, January 20, 2013. The cost is $200 per person, and we will be going to Sugar Mountain, NC. Ski Lessons will be an extra $15. We will be taking the St. John's bus. The drive is about 4 hours. We will be leaving at 5:30 pm on Friday night, January 18. We will check in Friday night at 10 pm at Sugar Mountain, and then head back to our accommodations at the Best Western near Sugar. Remember to bring personal hygiene items: toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. We will hit the slopes at exactly 8:30 am on Saturday, January 20, for ski lessons and skiing. All meals will need to be paid out of pocket. We will leave Sunday Morning, January 20, 2013, after Eucharist at a local Episcopal parish. Full scholarships for the trip are available. Please, do not hesitate to ask! There are many spaces left, and chaperones are still needed. If you are planning to attend please contact me as soon as possible. Also, if you are attending make sure you email me your shoe size so I can have it on record for shoe rentals of the skis. I know I said have a check to me, made out to St. John's Episcopal Church, by Thursday, January 10, 2013, but I am pushing the date back to Tuesday, January 15, 2013 to give everyone more time.
7) The Kanuaga Weekend is Friday, February 15 till Sunday, February 17, 2013. The cost is $95 per person. Your child can go without you, and there will be a children's cabin. I will be preparing EYC activities for the weekend. The kids will have a great time. I hope to use this as a time of retreat and recharging for our youth, as well. Chaperones are still needed.
8) Wednesday Nights are beginning again starting Wednesday February 20, 2013 and continuing through Wednesday, March 20, 2013. I will be teaching during that time, along with Fr. Scott and Fr. Fletcher. This is a great opportunity for discussion. This will be an extension of EYC, but will not replace Sunday nights and special events.
9) I am still looking to get to know your families better. If you would have me, I'd really enjoy visiting you all in your homes for an evening or weekend. This is a low to no stress occasion. Just a time to fellowship and grow closer together as a St. John's community. If you are available to meet for an evening, please contact me. I look forward to getting to know you all so much better.
10) Sunday School will be beginning again on Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 10:15 am. The Junior and Senior High will be served pancakes during Sunday School, and then enjoy their lessons for the day. The curriculum will stay the same for the Junior High - they will continue The Story. The Senior will be beginning a new curriculum -- Youth Alpha. We hope that is a more engaging and exploratory for our older kids to really get to the roots of their faith. I look forward to seeing you all there.