Grace and peace to you, my friends. We had an awesome time on the ropes course at Gravatt! If you weren’t there, you missed out! I think next year, the youth group will go up on Sat and spend the night. Just too much fun lurking about. I would have pictures from the ropes course up on the blog by tomorrow, so check ‘em out. Eileen had killer hops off the top of that telephone pole, and Austin looked like Michael Jordan on his jump.
Okay, next, I seriously need everyone’s help. I seem to have hit a big roadblock, okay, two roadblocks, so I need everyone to pitch in:
1) As of right now, May 18th is our last EYC, and it will be our end of the school year party. It has been brought to my attention that exams for most of you are the week after the 18th, so there may be the potential for conflict with studying. May 25th is Memorial Day weekend (anyone going out of town or doing something special) and the following weekend (June 1) is high school graduations. Is either one of those weekends better for an end of the year party than May 18th? Or should we just knock it out on May 18th?
2) Here’s the other dilemma: we don’t have a pool! My neighborhood does have a pool that we could use, as long as everyone is cool with driving to Lake Carolina (about 20-25 minutes from the church). We could also use the bus for transportation, if needed. So here’s our options:
1) Pool Party at Lake Carolina
2) Slip’N’Slide and water games (still need someone to volunteer their yard and home)
3) Party at the Church: messy and water games on tarps and in the parking lot
We need to finalize this stuff, so please let me know what you think. Every person’s opinion is important!
Graduating SR’s: Please send me your current high school and where you plan on attending college. I’ve gotten a few replies back…I still need a couple more!
Senior High HomeWorks: I still need forms from a few people, and I need deposits as well. Please get them to me ASAP, and remember, I need the Homeworks packet and the St. John’s Permission form. There are still spots available for the Louisiana trip, so if you’d like to go, please let me know.
Have a great week, and we’ll see you this weekend!
5.11 NO EYC Mother’s Day
5.18 EYC End of the School Year Party, Location TBD
Summer Calendar of Events:
Tuesdays @ 12pm SR High Lunch Gathering
June 12, 26 & July 10, 24 @11:30-1
EYC Thursdays @ Heathwood Park
Bring your own lunch, eat, hangout, play some ultimate Frisbee, flag football, etc.
Sundays @ 9:15 Summer Breakfast Club @ the Art Shack
June 14 Saturday Day trip to Folly Beach
July 26 TBA, joint activity with youth group from TN
who is also going to John’s Island Homeworks trip
Aug 15-16 Nantahala White Water Rafting (Fri-Sat overnight)
Vitamins for Peru: Buy One, Give One
In preparation for our mission work with HomeWorks, we are collecting Adult and Children Multivitamins to send with a Homeworks trip to Peru (our own Cliff Moore is going!). When you buy a bottle of vitamins for your family, buy at least one other to donate to Peru. Our goal is at least 100lbs of vitamins! Drop boxes will be placed at the Barr entrance, in the narthex, and near the youth rooms.
Dorian Del Priore
Director of Youth Ministries
St. John's Episcopal Church
~ Free Rice: Learn new words while you help feed hungry people around the world
~ ArcadeCow: Play free arcade games
The Atlantic Ocean is saltier than the Pacific Ocean.
"Families are like fudge--mostly sweet with a few nuts." ~Author Unknown
"In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future." ~Alex Haley
UH, THAT'S FUNNY?
Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.
*All outside Internet links are here to inform or entertain you...we at YS don't necessarily endorse or support every link you find here. copyright 2008 :: Youth Specialties 300 S. Pierce St. // El Cajon, CA 92020 888.346.4179